10 October 2016
2017 Trauma Education with Dr Leah Giarratano
This trauma education is intended for all mental health professionals treating traumatised clients. The emphasis is upon imparting practical skills and up-to-date research in traumatology. The content is applicable to both adult and adolescent populations. Each program attracts 14 CPD hours.
Core training for mental health professionals working with traumatised populations. These two acclaimed, highly practical, science-based professional development workshops will underpin your clinical practice in this field.
Since Judith Hermanís conceptualisation of complex trauma, the past 20 years have seen the emergence of a range of clinically effective treatments for some of our most challenged and challenging clients. A paradigm shift in treatment is occurring, and with that a need for all treatment providers to understand when cognitive behavioural interventions for the traumatised are indicated, and when other, more experiential, but still empirically-validated, approaches are required. There is more hope for our traumatised clients than ever before, and these two training programs will equip graduate clinicians with the necessary knowledge and the skills to improve the lives of their PTSD patients.
Please note that you are required to attend Treating PTSD before attending Treating Complex Trauma as essential material is covered in the first workshop and not repeated in the second. The programs work together and while people may choose to do the first but not the second, they don't work the other way around.
Dr Leah Giarratano is a clinical psychologist who has been treating traumatised clients for twenty years and has trained thousands of mental health professionals in Australia and New Zealand. These two programs are designed to work together and offer core instruction in the treatment of PTSD and complex trauma.
- 11-12 May 2017, Brisbane CBD: Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 8-9 June 2017, Adelaide CBD: Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 15-16 June 2017, Perth CBD: Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 22-23 June 2017, Wellington (NZ) CBD: Treating PTSD with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 13-14 July 2017, Brisbane CBD: Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 3-4 August 2017, Wellington (NZ) CBD: Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 19-20 October 2017, Perth CBD: Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano
- 26-27 October 2017, Adelaide CBD: Treating Complex Trauma with Dr Leah Giarratano